The Longs Quarters - Curlys
The Longs Quarter is Toowoomba's newest CBD development for retail and commercial space in the heart of the rapidly growing CBD.
The original building was designed by Charles Marks & Sons in 1911 and completed in 1915. The project was commissioned by John Long Esq and remained owned by the family for over a century until 2018.
The original building has an unusual design for the era, boasting a Turkish style roof and ornate Persian facade.
The building sustained significant damage in 1956 after a fire where the upper level was rebuilt, and received a significant upgrade and redesign in 2018 to offer retail space, food and shopping with a beautiful courtyard, and upper level commercial spaces.
Intrim SK146 Skirting board was used in the commercial second story spaces and was fixed on top of the skirting duct. This created a beautiful feature of what could have been an unsightly practical requirement.
Building Designer: Struxi Design Pty Ltd (Toowoomba)